The Weatherman Meteorologist is having a baby!
We found out in January 2015 that we are pregnant and expecting Baby Brackett in October! We are so excited to welcome little Brackett, but, we wanted to wait until after the first trimester to announce the news to the world.
When you become pregnant and make the announcement, it’s a wonderful feeling to hear all the ‘congratulations’ and excitement from friends and family. But when you have such a unique job, like a weatherman meteorologist, you get a lot of the same jokes, comments, and questions about your little one. So, to help answer all your questions, and to avoid hearing the same jokes over and over again, I thought I’d write down some of the things we’ve heard:
- Yes, he did make it rain that month.
- Yes, his ‘forecast’ was accurate as well.
- Yes I did expect a more than a few inches that night also.
- No, we won’t be naming our child after a weather term. There will be no: Summer, Autumn, April, Breeze, Bayou, Cloud, Frost, etc.
- Ok, you caught me I did consider one weather term for a middle name, I thought of the name Farrah for Fahrenheit, but then thought twice about it and decided, NO.
- Yes, we planned on not having a baby during a sweeps/ratings month.
- No, we won’t be shoving weather down the babe’s throat and force them to become a weatherman/or weatherwoman meteorologist.
- Yes, we think little baby weather books are adorable and Grandma Brackett may have hooked us up with one or two already 😉
- Yes, Aaron will be teaching the babe math and science, I will stay far away from both subjects and focus on teaching them other subjects (? TBD)
- Yes, our life insurance is good to go with Aaron storm chasing this season.
- I don’t know how I’m going to get down into our shelter if I need to take cover, I hoping the dogs will help me?
- Yes, I am expecting a onesie that says “My daddy is a weatherman meteorologist”
- No, Reed Timmer was nowhere to be found in his “Dominate-Her” vehicle, but if he was it’d look something like this:
We’ll keep you 4-warned about any new baby developments =) I look forward to all the new material you can come up with as these 13 are now off limits!